Mario Campi was born in Zurich, Switzerland, in April 1936.
He studied at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich (M Arch 1960).
From 1962 to 1996, he has been principal of Mario Campi Franco Pessina, Architects, based in Lugano and Zurich, Switzerland.
Niki Piazzoli joined the office in 1969 to give bith to: CPP, Campi Pessina Piazzoli Architects.
Mr. Piazzoli left CPP in 1983, to chair the Swiss Federal Office of Buildings.
Campi has been Lecturer and Design Critic at the ETH Zurich from 1974 to 1977, at Syracuse, Harvard GSD, Columbia, Cornell and Princeton University, from 1977 until 1985, when he got the Professorship for Architecture and Urban Design at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, ETHZ at Zurich.
He was appointed Dean of the Department of Architecture in 1988.
Since January 1997, Mario Campi is the only principal of CCP, Mario campi, Architetto FAS e Associati, Zurich and Lugano.